- Gluten-free (optional)
This recipe is as delicious as easy to make! The coconut milk adds creaminess to the dish and the spirulina powder has a sea aroma that perfectly complements with the salmon roe. The cured salmon roe melt in your mouth and the combination with the pasta and the seaweed aromas is absolutely amazing! For this recipe I got my inspiration from the Japanese cuisine, that heavily relies on salmon roe in nigiri but also in chirashi bowls with steamed rice and fresh raw fish, also from Southeast Asian dishes with coconut milk and Italian seafood pasta (like for example Linguine with Sea Urchin). If you like seafood pasta, this is your recipe!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 5 Tablespoons of Coconut Milk
- Cured Salmon Roe
- 2 Teaspoons of Blue Spirulina Powder
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan until it becomes golden.
- Add 5 tablespoons of coconut milk and let it simmer for 5mins. Remove the garlic.
- Add 2 teaspoons of spirulina powder and mix all together. Turn off the heat.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta without turning on the fire.
- Plate the pasta and season it with salmon roe.