- Gluten-free (optional)
This is one of my favorite pasta dish in the Italian cuisine and it's definitely a trademark of the Sicilian culinary tradition. It's a super simple recipe where high quality ingredients form the backbone of the dish. Sea flavors. I ate the best Pasta con i ricci (Pasta with Sea Urchin) in Sicily on the beach in Marsala - unforgettable experience.
- High quality Linguine (90g per person)
- Sea Urchins (70g per person)
- Few cloves of garlic
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea Salt
- Simmer the cloves of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil in a pan until the garlic becomes golden.
- Boil water in a pot and once boiled, add a spoon of salt and then the pasta. Cook the linguine 2 mins less than the recommended time.
- Pour out majority of the pasta + water. Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Keep some water aside and eventually add it to the pasta in the pan to whisk.
- Add the sea urchin to the linguine and mix all together in the pan allowing the warm temperature of the pasta/pan to mix everything together.
- If needed add extra virgin olive oil before serving the pasta.