- Gluten-free (Optional)
This our take on very rustic recipe and the Italian version of fast-food. My Grandma was used to prepare 'Spaghetti al Tonno' for a quick lunch. It was her go-to lunch recipe when we didn't have a lot of time during the lunch break. It usually took her 10mins to prepare it from scratch. I have decided to create my own version of that recipe, enhancing it with some additional ingredients like anchovies and capers to add extra flavors. I have also picked Wholewheat Spaghetti and Yellowfin Tuna in extra-virgin olive oil.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Wholewheat Spaghetti
- 1 Tuna Can (Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 Anchovy Fillets
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
- Handful of Capers (Preserved in Sea Salt)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Fresh Chives
- Sea Salt
- In a wok, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil and the anchovy fillets until the garlic becomes golden. You can also add chili flakes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the wok. Season with sea salt and cook with the lid at medium heat for 10mins.
- Once the tomatoes are fully cooked, add tuna and the capers and mix all together. We recommend yellowfin tuna in extra-virgin olive oil. Since this is a good quality oil, we can add it to the sauce.
- Add sea salt to the sauce to taste.
- Boil water in a pot. Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the wok. Fully mix the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and add some freshly chopped chives on top.