This is our version of Pasta with Crab Meat with a tomato sauce. We are adding the tomato emulsion at the end in order not to overpower the delicate flavor of the crab meat. The tomato emulsion adds to the recipe a mild acidity that perfectly balances the crab and the wholewheat aromas.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Wholewheat Spaghetti
- 1lb Crab Meat
- 20 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Add 1 clove of garlic to a non-stick pan and simmer with extra-virgin olive oil until golden. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are half cooked add 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and keep stirring at medium heat until they are completely cooked and mashed.
- Remove the garlic and blend the cherry tomatoes until you obtain a very smooth and creamy sauce.
- Add the crab meat in the same pan used to cook the cherry tomatoes and simmer with some extra-virgin olive oil for a couple of minutes.
- Boil some water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Pour half of the tomato emulsion into a bowl.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl with the sauce. Stir until the sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the pan with the crab and mix all together.
- Plate the pasta, add some tomato emulsion and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.