- Gluten-free (optional)
This is a super easy and quick recipe we love to prepare when we are craving seafood pasta! The combination between seaweed and abalones is absolutely perfect and very rich in flavor! It's a must-try for seafood lovers! The coconut milk and the seaweed powder add a fusion take on a classic Italian pasta preparation with clams and shellfish.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Wholewheat Spaghetti
- 4 Abalones
- 2/3 Tablespoons of Coconut Milk
- 2 Teaspoons of Seaweed/Kelp Powder
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Red Chili (optional)
- Sea Salt
- Pour 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Clean the abalones and cut the lateral edges.
- Once the water is boiling add the edges to the saucepan and start preparing a very quick broth.
- Slice the remaining part of the abalones.
- Simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil and red chili (optional) in a non-stick pan until it becomes golden.
- Add 2/3 tablespoons of coconut milk and let it simmer for 5mins. Remove the garlic.
- Add 2 teaspoons of kelp powder and mix all together. Turn off the heat.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 3-4 mins less than the time recommended on the box as it will cook with the abalones' broth in the pan.
- Add the abalones' slices to the saucepan and cook for 1min.
- Turn on the heat under the pan. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta and add the abalones' broth little by little. Add the abalones at the end.
- Plate the pasta and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.