Ben loves soups and rich broths, and Ramen is one of his favorite Japanese recipes. In this recipe, we created our version of Vegetarian Ramen, leveraging on our favourite fresh vegetables. We added a poached egg to have a healthy protein component in the dish.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 80g of Organic Ramen Noodles
- 3 Teaspoons of White Miso
- 4 Carrots
- 4 Baby Bok Choys
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Broccoli Crown
- 2 Eggs
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Sesame Oil
- 2 Teaspoons of Soy Sauce (Gluten-free) or Tamari
- Sea Salt (Fine and Coarse)
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sichuan Chili Flakes
- Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Fresh Ginger (Thumb-size)
Chili Seasoning and Garnish:
- Finely chop 1 clove of garlic and stir with 2 teaspoons of organic sesame oil.
- Once the garlic is becoming golden, add 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds (you can use brown sesame seeds) and 1 teaspoon of chili flakes.
- Stir all together for a couple of minutes at medium heat and then pour it in a bowl.
- Separately, finely slice the green part of the green onions and use it to garnish at the end.
- Finely slice the white part of the green onions and simmer in a wok with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add grated fresh ginger.
- Dice 1 carrot and add it to the wok.
- Cut 6 cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them to the wok.
- Mix all the vegetables together and stir for 10mins.
- Add 4 cups of water and 3 teaspoons of white miso.
- Cook all together for 5mins.
- Let the broth rest for 10 minutes and then blend it, until you obtain a very smooth broth.
- Cut 4 baby bok choys and 3 carrots into halves and cut 1 broccoli crown into smaller pieces.
- Boil the water in a big pot and once it's boiling add 1 1 teaspoon of coarse sea salt.
- Start cooking the carrots first and the broccoli. Boil for 5-6mins. Rinse with a strainer.
- Add then the bok choy and boil a couple of minutes. Rinse with a strainer.
- Add the ramen noodles to the pot and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the noodles under cold running water.
- Prepare a small pot with water. Heat the water. Once the water reaches the boiling point, add a pinch of sea salt a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Use a spoon yo quickly stir the water in one direction until it's all smoothly spinning around.
- Carefully drop the egg into the ceter of the whirpool and keep spinning. The swirling water will avoid the the egg white to spread around the pot.
- Let the egg cook for 2-3 mins and then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Repeat the process for the second egg.
- Add the ramen noodles to a bowl and pour the broth on top.
- Add the boiled vegetables (carrots, broccoli and bok choy) to the bowl and the poached egg.
- Drzzle some chili seasoning and sprinkle some sliced green onion and fresh cilantro on top!