We love Pad Thai and during this stay-at-home period we have started experimenting different ingredients and variations. We couldn't miss to create a vegetarian version with medium-firm fresh tofu. It is very easy, quick and tasty!
- Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles (80g per person)
- 1 Spring Onion
- 3 Carrots (for 2 people)
- 1/4 Red Cabbage (for 2 people)
- 2 Eggs (for 2 people)
- 100g Medium-Firm Tofu (for 2 people)
- Roasted Cashews
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- Sea Salt
- Thai Basil
- Chop the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Finely slice the carrots and the red cabbage and add them to the wok.
- Pan fry the veggies in the wok and once they are roasted add a tablespoon of soy sauce and keep stiring.
- Dice the tofu in thumb-sized cubes.
- Once the veggies are cooked add the tofu cubes to the wok.
- Boil the water in a pot and once it is boiling add the pad thai noodles. These noodles need to cook 2-3 mins less than the recommended time.
- Once the the noodles are ready, pour out the water and soak them in cold water. Keep some cooking water aside to mix with the noodles and the vegetables.
- Add 2-3 big spoons of cooking water into the wok with the veggies; break the eggs into the wok and scramble them.
- Add the noodles to the wok.
- Add some soy sauce to taste. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the noodles.
- Add crushed roasted cashews as a topping together with a couple of leaves of Thai basil.