Spring Rolls are the perfect balance of aromas and flavors in one single bite. There are thousands of versions depending on different countries and traditions. This recipe doesn't aim to replicate the taste of Asian spring rolls, but finds the perfect combination of Western and Asian tastes.
- Spring Roll Rice Wrapper (20-22 small size)
- Ginger (thumb size piece)
- 1 Spring Onion
- Half Red Cabbage
- Half Sweet Potato
- 2 Carrots
- 150g Firm Tofu
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Soy Sauce (Organic, No Artificial Preservatives Added)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Finely slice the carrots and the red cabbage.
- Steam the sweet potato for 15-20 mins.
- Simmer one spring onion finely chopped with extra-virgin olive oil in a wok.
- Finely chop the ginger.
- Add the carrots, the red cabbage and the ginger, adjust with sea salt and black pepper (optional) and stir until they are almost cooked.
- Slice the tofu into strips and add it to the wok, season with soy sauce and stir all together for a couple of minutes.
- Let the sweet potato cool down and peel off the skin. Mash and season with sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Take the rice wrappers, dip one in warm water and lay it flat on a plate. Put half a table spoon of veggies with tofu in the middle from left to right and add on top a tea spoon of sweet potato mash. Make sure the filling is not too much otherwise you won't be able to close the roll.
- Fold sides inward. Fold the bottom and roll upwards.
- Repeat for all the spring rolls.