We usually have a curry night during the week, where we try different recipes, mixing South-East Asian and Indian tastes. This is an excellent recipe to make in bulk, and reheating it during the week will taste just as good! This curry recipe is the perfect combination of sweet and savory, plus it's in my favorite color: ORANGE! The sweet potato gives a sweet and creamy consistency together with the carrots.
- 1 Spring Onion
- Snow Peas (a handful)
- 1 Broccoli Head
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- Organic Coconut Milk (400g/14oz for 2 people)
- Thai Basil
- Extra-virgin Coconut Oil
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Sweet Curry Powder
- Spicy Curry Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Simmer a stem of finely chopped spring onion with extra-virgin coconut oil in a sauce pan. Once the oil comes to a sizzle, add 2 teaspoons of tumeric powder, 3 teaspoons of sweet curry powder and 3 teaspoons of spicy curry powder.
- Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the snow peas and the broccoli. Dice the carrots and the sweet potato.
- Add all the vegetables (snow peas, carrots, sweet potato and broccoli) to the pan, adjust with sea salt and stir until they are half cooked.
- Pour a can of coconut milk into the pan and cook until the vegetables are done.
- Add thai basil, turn off the fire and let it rest for a couple minutes.
- You can serve it with brown jasmine rice or white jasmine rice (steamed or pan fried). The rice is perfect to absorb the broth.