We really enjoy vegetable curries, especially curries based on coconut milk. The spicy flavors of the curry perfectly melts with the sweetness of the coconut - not too spicy, but also not too sweet. Means you can enjoy the curry by the mouthful :). We usually steam organic brown rice to soak up all the flavor.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Ginger (thumb size piece)
- Spring Onion (Half a Stem)
- Snow Peas (a handful)
- 8-10 Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Broccoli Heads
- 1 Bok Choy
- Organic Coconut Milk (400g/14oz for 2 people)
- 1 and a half Limes
- Lemon grass (4-5 stems)
- Cilantro (4-5 stems)
- Thai Basil (optional)
- Extra-virgin Coconut Oil
- Sea Salt
- Sweet Curry Powder
- Simmer 2 cloves of garlic and half a stem of finely chopped spring onion with extra-virgin coconut oil in a saute pan. Once the garlic becomes golden add 2 teaspoons of sweet curry powder. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Chop the bok choy and the broccoli. Cut the brussels sprouts in half.
- Add all the vegetables (snow peas, brussels sprouts, bok choy, broccoli) to the pan, adjust with sea salt and stir until they are almost cooked.
- Finely chop the ginger, lemon grass and cilantro. Add them to the pan. Cook until almost done.
- Pour a can of coconut milk into the pan and add the juice of one and a half limes. Stir all together for 5 minutes. Adjust with salt.
- Add thai basil, turn off the fire and let it rest for a couple minutes.
- You can serve it with brown jasmine rice or white jasmine rice (steamed or pan fried). The rice is perfect to absorb the broth.