The salmon bellies are not usually considered one of the finest part of the salmon besides for Sashimi. However, they are very tender and soft if marinated and cooked at high temperatures. We love them!
- Salmon Bellies (250g per person)
- Organic Sesame Oil
- Ginger (thumb-size)
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- 1 Teaspoon of Corn Starch
- Finely chop the garlic and the ginger and add them to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil and 4 tablespoons of say sauce and mix all together.
- Marinate the salmon bellies in the bowl for 20 minutes.
- Heat a cast iron pan and cook the salmon bellies 2-3 minutes per side.
- Stir the marinating sauce in a sauce pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of corn starch with a table spoon of warm water. Add it to the sauce pan and stir for 1 minute to thicken the sauce.
- Serve the salmon bellies with the sauce.