- Gluten-free (optional)
Homemade pasta reminds me of my family's heritage and tradition as well as those moments spent all together. Making pasta is a personal moment between family members and the techniques are passed through generations. My grandma used to teach me when I was a child and I still think her pasta is unbeatable. Homemade pasta is also a one-off time investment as you can prepare it in batches and store it in the freezer up to 6 months so that you always have fresh pasta at hand! You don't have to de-frost it and you can add it directly into boiling water. It only takes 3-4 mins to be ready!
Homemade pasta enhances recipes made of a very few basic and simple ingredients. For this recipe, we used some pre-cooked sole fillets and sweet cherry tomatoes. The outcome is absolutely delicious!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 2 Eggs
- 200g Organic Stone-grounded Wholewheat Flour (for a Gluten-free version you can use a mix of White Rice Flour and Organic Buckwheat Flour)
- 2 Pan-fried Sole Fillets
- 12-15 Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Start preparing the dough for the hand-made tagliatelle by creating a mountain with the flour and making a hole in the middle. Add a pinch of salt.
- Crack 2 eggs in the hole and start mixing the eggs with the flour following a circular move using a fork.
- Once the eggs and flour start mixing together start kneading the dough with your hands until you get the shape of a ball.
- Cover the dough with a cloth or plastic wrap and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
- Start flattening the dough with a rolling pin trying to maintain a round shape. Keep flattening until the dough is 1mm.
- Gently fold the dough starting from the top to the middle and from the bottom to the middle. Fold the two halves together again, overlapping the 2 rolls.
- Cut the rolled dough with a flat knife from one end to the other keeping a 3-4mm thick.
- Unroll the tagliatelle to prevent from sticking and let them rest/dry.
- Simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until golden.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and add them to the pan.
- Simmer the cherry tomatoes in the pan with extra-virgin olive oil and the garlic. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are fully cooked and mashed, add the pan-fried sole fillets and continue to simmer for a few minutes.
- Add freshly chopped basil.
- Boil water in a separate pot and once the water is boiled add the tagliatelle. Since it's freshly made pasta, the tagliatelle has a very short cooking time. Once the pasta starts floating in the water, it's ready to be drained.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.