Very simple, quick and tasty recipe that is traditional from Sicily. Reminds me of the summer nights on the beach. The key to success for this dish comes from 2 elements: the quality of the sword fish and the Salmoriglio sauce. I would recommend a sword fish steak - ideally medium fatty, softer and super fresh. The Salmoriglio sauce has a very fresh taste and it enhances the taste of the fish.
- Sword Fish Steak (250g per person)
- Clove of Garlic
- Half Lemon (for 2 people)
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare the Salmoriglio sauce first by finely slicing the glove of garlic, adding extra-virgin olive oil, salt, organo, black pepper (optional) and the juice of half a lemon. Mix all together in a cup.
- Warm a cast iron pan or a normal pan.
- Cook the sword fish steak in the pan for 3-6 mins each side (depending on the thickness of the slice).
- Serve the sword fish by adding the sauce on top.