I LOVE CHOCOLATE! I really love chocolate and brownies are one of my favorite desserts. My goal was to create vegan gluten-free chocolate brownies, leveraging healthy ingredients without compromising on taste. I have tried a lot of different versions and I have never been 100% satisfied until I created this recipe. I'm so so happy and excited to share this all with you! These brownies are soft, wet and well-balanced in sweetness. We generally don't love super sweet desserts, but you can increase the dose of sugar if you like ;).
Ingredients (12 Brownies):
- 1 Cup of Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 Cups of Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra-virgin Coconut Oil (previously melted and cooled down)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons of Rice Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Coconut Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons of Ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons of Raw Cacao
- 1 Tablespoon of Almond Milk
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 50g of Raw Dark Chocolate (mine was with sea salt)
- Pink Himalayan Salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and prepare a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate in a large bowl until the batter is smooth, and all the ingredients have been incorporated.
- Chop 50g of raw chocolate and add half to the batter. Mix all together.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tray.
- Sprinkle on top the remaining chocolate.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the brownies rest for 1.5-2hours. Make sure they are completely cool before slicing.
- The brownies can be stored in the fridge for 6-7 days.
- Sprinkle some pink Himalayan salt on top of the brownies before serving.