Delicious and easy recipe! One of my favorite appetizers and the best way to taste fresh sea scallops. My dad prefers to oven bake the scallops; in this recipe we have tried to steam them in order to keep the meat even softer. It's very important to not to overcook the scallops. We would recommend 4-5mins depending on the size. The result is amazing, the scallops melt completely in the mouth. Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 4 Sea Scallops
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Half Lime (optional)
- Remove the scallops from the shells. Clean thoroughly the scallops under cold running water. Make sure you remove all the sand.
- Wash the shells and place the scallops inside their own bottom shell.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and add 2-3 drops of lime juice.
- Cover each scallop with the top shell. Place the shells on ceramic plates.
- Pre-heat a wok with some water on the bottom and the bamboo steamer (if you don't have it you can steam the scallops with other appliances, but make sure you don't overcook the scallops).
- Once the water is boiling, place the ceramic plates with the scallops in the bamboo steamer, close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Once ready, you can season the scallops with some freshly ground black pepper.