I learnt this from my husband, it's a simple and easy way to cook fish that really brings out the flavor. It's a typical dish in most Chinese restaurants, all you need is fresh fish and very few ingredients you probably already have at home. Hamachi is a perfect fish for steaming, a sensual balance between a tender but soft and oily fish. The soy sauce, olive oil and the natural oils of the fish complements each other so well.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 2 Hamachi Fillets
- 1 Green Onion
- Ginger (thumb size)
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Wash the hamachi fillets.
- Sprinkle sea salt on the skin of the fish and massage it. This helps getting rid of the slimy consistency of the fish's skin.
- Finely slice the green onion and the ginger.
- Place the fish on a ceramic plate and season with soy sauce and a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle the ginger and the green onion on the top.
- Pre-heat a wok with some water on the bottom and the bamboo steamer (if you don't have it you can steam the hamachi with other appliances).
- Once the water is boiling, place the ceramic plate with the kampachi in the bamboo steamer, close the lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once ready, you can season the fish with fresh green onion and fresh ginger (optional).