This Risotto is the perfect combination of seafood flavors and aromas. It's balanced in saltiness and sweetness and it's absolutely delicious. It's a must-try if you love sea urchin.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 100g Sea Urchin
- 2-3 Teaspoons of Squid Ink
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic Rice Flour or Tapioca Flour
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Pre-heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Once the oil is warm, add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat water in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat.
- Start pouring small amounts of water in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for half of the rice cooking time.
- Add the squid ink to half a glass of warm water and stir until it's fully mixed.
- Make sure you add the right amount of water to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked).
- Add the water with the squid ink little by little to the risotto and continue stirring. Add sea salt to taste.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of tapioca flour with 1/4 glass of cold water. Add this mixture to the risotto once there's 1 minute left. Stir all together and turn off the fire.
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and mix all together.
- Plate the risotto and add the sea urchin on top.