- Gluten-free (optional)
The squid ink is the secret of this recipe. It gives an amazing sea flavor to the dish and adds a juicy, smooth consistency in the sauce. We didn't buy a separate jar of squid ink for this. We instead used the one that was inside the squids.
- Mafalde (90g per person) Pasta
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes (for 2 people)
- 2 Zucchini
- Fresh Basil
- 0.5lb of Squids including Squid Ink (for 2 people)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili (optional)
- Simmer a clove of garlic and some chopped chili (optional) with extra-virgin olive oil until it becomes golden. You can crush the garlic with your knife and leave the skin.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the pan.
- Slice the zucchini and pan fry with some extra-virgin olive oil in a separate pan. Roast them on both sides.
- Slice the body of the squids and leave the head uncut.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are half cooked, add the squid and continue to simmer and stir.
- Boil water in a big pot. Once the water is boiling, add a spoon of coarse salt and add the pasta.
- Pasta needs to cook 2 mins less than the time recommended in the box.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Plate the pasta and add the pan fried zucchini cooked separately.
- Season with basil and extra virgin olive oil.