This is one of our go-to seafood pasta recipe. It requires a bit of time, especially to prepare the confit cherry tomatoes, but the result is absolutely worth it. The sweetness of the fresh spot prawns and the confit cherry tomatoes, the freshness of the basil and the acidity of the tomato sauce and the extra virgin olive oil are perfect.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghettoni
- 1lb Fresh Spot Prawns
- 20-25 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Basil
- Pre-heat the oven at 250°F and cover an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Place half of the cherry tomatoes into the tray. Season with sea salt and oven bake for 40mins.
- De-shell the prawns and separate the heads from the body shells. The heads are perfect to deep-fry while the other shells can be used to prepare a fish broth.
- Dice the prawns' body meat and season with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add 1 clove of garlic to a non-stick pan and simmer with extra-virgin olive oil until golden. Add the remaining cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Once the cherry tomatoes are completely cooked and mashed, remove the garlic, add some fresh basil and blend the cherry tomatoes until you obtain a very smooth and creamy sauce.
- Boil some water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the pan.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the sauce. Stir until the sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Add the diced spot prawns.
- Plate the pasta, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and some freshly chopped basil. Add the oven baked cherry tomatoes on top.