- Gluten-free (optional)
This is one of our traditional recipes. The difference is in the way we have cooked the pasta. In order to enhance the seafood aroma, we prepared a broth with the prawns' heads and we cooked the pasta in it. The result is absolutely amazing.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 6 Prawns
- 1 Eggplant
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- In a wok, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until it becomes golden. Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the wok.
- Season with sea salt and cook with the lid at medium heat for 10mins. Once the cherry tomatoes are completely cooked, blend them into a smooth creamy sauce.
- Dice the eggplant (cut cubes half the size of a thumb, making sure they are all the same size) and sprinkle salt on top of each cube in order to remove the excess water. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil in a pan and fry the eggplant until they become golden brown (usually cook for 10 minutes).
- Once cooked, let the eggplant cubes rest on a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- De-shell the prawns and keep the heads.
- Pan fry the prawns with some extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan for a couple of minutes per side. Season with sea salt.
- Boil water in a pot and add the prawns' heads. Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and add it to a large bowl. Add the tomato sauce and the prawns and mix all together.
- Plate the pasta, add some fried eggplant cubes and fresh basil.