In this pasta recipe, we used the firefly squids and their ink. The squid/ink saltiness and seafood flavor are balanced by the sweetness and creaminess of the tomato sauce.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 0.5lb Firefly Squids
- 14-16 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- 2 Teaspoons of Squid Ink
- 1 Teaspoon of Cassava Flour
- Fresh Chives
- Black Pepper
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Add 1 clove of garlic to a non-stick pan and simmer with extra-virgin olive oil until golden. Add the cherry tomatoes to the pan.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper. Once the cherry tomatoes are fully cooked, add the sauce into the blender and blend until you obtain a very smooth and creamy sauce.
- Pre-heat 2 tablespoon of water in a small pot, add the squid ink and stir. Add the cassava flour and whisk all together until you obtain a thick, dense consistency.
- Boil some water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Stir the firefly squids for a couple of minutes in the same pan where you cooked the tomato sauce. After a couple of minutes turn off the fire.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the squids. Add the tomato sauce and stir until the sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Plate the pasta, add some fresh chives and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and squid ink.