- Gluten-free (optional)
We love this pasta dish. It perfectly captures the sea flavor with the rich combination of clams and seaweed. The samphire seaweed is naturally salty (no need to add salt), balanced with the meat of the clams and the sweetness of the confit cherry tomatoes. It makes this recipe an absolute must try. This dish brings out the aromas of the sea when you eat this with your eyes closed.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Wholewheat Spaghetti
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 100-150g of Clams
- 100g of Samphire
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Red Chili (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and prepare a tray with baking paper. Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and season with sea salt and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Simmer a clove of garlic and chili (optional) with extra-virgin olive oil until golden.
- Add the clams to the pan and cover with a lid. Once the clams are open, turn off the fire and wait for the clams to cool down. De-shell part of the clams.
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook the samphire for 6-7mins. You don't need to add salt, the samphire is already salty.
- Once cooked, blend the samphire with extra-virgin olive oil and a tablespoon of its cooking water. Pour the sauce into a bowl.
- Boil water in a separate pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the spaghetti. Pasta needs to cook 2 mins less than the time recommended in the box.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl with the samphire puree. Stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Plate the pasta, add the cherry tomatoes confit and the clams and season with extra-virgin olive oil.