We created a sauce made with cauliflower, coconut milk and yam as an alternative to a tomato-based sauce. The creaminess, saltiness and sweetness are perfectly balanced and enhance the flavors of the seared prawns. Roasted pistachios add crunchiness and an amazing aroma to the whole dish.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 8-10 Fresh Prawns
- 1/2 Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Japanese Yam
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1 Green Onion
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Chives
- Roasted Pistachios or Pistachio Granola
- Finely slice the green onion. Stir with extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan for a couple of mins.
- Peel the yam and cut into cubes. Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces (ideally cut each flower).
- Add the yam and the cauliflower to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the vegetables with the lid until they are half cooked.
- Add half a can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for another 5mins.
- Let it cool down. Pour the mix into a blender and blend until you obtain a creamy puree.
- Season the prawns with sea salt and cayenne pepper and pan sear them for a couple of minutes each side.
- Boil some water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box.
- Pour some cauliflower puree into a large bowl. Drain the pasta and add it to the bowl and mix all together. Add more puree to taste.
- Chop the pistachios.
- Plate the pasta, add the seared prawns, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Add some fresh chives and the pistachios on top.