- Gluten-free (Optional)
This is our take on one of the most famous Italian pasta recipes, Pasta alla Puttanesca. This recipe is very simple but absolutely delicious. I have decided to add some extra anchovies and use a mix of Italian tomato passata and cherry tomatoes. I really like the extra saltiness that the anchovies bring to the dish and the perfect balance with capers and olives.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 3 Anchovy Fillet (salt-cured, olive oil-packed)
- 16 Cherry Tomatoes
- Handful of Capers (Preserved in Sea Salt)
- Handful of Italian Taggiasche Olives (Preserved in Extra-virgin Olive Oil)
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian Tomato Passata (No Sugar)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Chili Flakes (Optional)
- Sea Salt
- In a wok, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil and the anchovy fillets until the garlic becomes golden. You can also add chili flakes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and add them to the wok. Season with sea salt and cook with the lid at medium heat for 10mins.
- Slice half of the olives.
- Once the tomatoes are fully cooked, add the tomato passata, the olives and the capers and mix all together.
- Add sea salt to the sauce to taste.
- Boil water in a pot. Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the wok. Fully mix the pasta with the sauce.
- Plate the pasta and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.