This is our take on one of the most famous Italian pasta recipes, Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino. This recipe is very simple but absolutely delicious. I have decided to add some anchovies even though this ingredient is not part of the original recipe. I really like the extra saltiness that the anchovies bring to the dish. Also, I love the toasted breadcrumbs from the almond crackers in this recipe because of the extra crunchiness.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 3 Anchovy Fillet (salt-cured, olive oil-packed)
- 3 Teaspoons of Aglio e Oglio Herb Blend (organic parsley, organic dried red garlic, organic Calabria chili peppers, organic black pepper and Trapani sea salt)
- 50g of Almond Crackers (or bread)
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Finely chop 1 clove of garlic.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan.
- Add the chopped garlic and the other 2 cloves of garlic to the pan.
- Simmer the garlic cloves until they become golden.
- Add the anchovy fillets and 3 teaspoons of Aglio e Oglio Herb Blend to the pan and simmer all together. Once the ingredients are all mixed turn off the fire.
- Blend the almond crackers until you obtain a fine consistency (similar to fine breadcrumbs) and toast in a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Boil water in a pot. Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2-3 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the pan. Add a tablespoon of cooking water from the pasta and simmer the pasta with all the ingredients in the pan until it’s fully mixed.
- Plate the spaghetti, add some toasted crumbs on top and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.