This is our take on one of the most famous Italian pasta recipes, Aglio e Olio. This recipe is different from the traditional one. We wanted to add a twist to it with cherry tomatoes cooked in 2 different ways, fresh basil, and toasted bread cubes to add a crunchy consistency. I really like the extra saltiness that the anchovies bring to the dish, the freshness of the basil and a bit of spiciness with the fresh red chili.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Spaghetti
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 20-25 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Anchovy Fillets (salt-cured, olive oil-packed)
- 1 Slice of Keto Bread
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Red Chili
- Pre-heat the oven at 250°F and cover an oven tray with baking paper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Place half of the cherry tomatoes into the tray. Season with sea salt and oven bake for 40mins.
- Boil water in a pot for the pasta.
- Finely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil to a non-stick pan and add the chopped garlic.
- Simmer the garlic for a couple of minutes. Add 2 spoons of boiling water.
- Add the anchovy fillets to the pan and simmer all together. Add the remaining part of cherry tomatoes. Once the ingredients are all mixed and the cherry tomatoes are melting, turn off the fire.
- Cut the keto bread slice into cubes and toast in a non-stick pan with a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of coarse sea salt and then add the pasta. The pasta needs to cook for 2-3 mins less than the time recommended on the box to have it Al Dente.
- Drain the pasta and pour into the pan. Add a tablespoon of cooking water from the pasta and simmer the pasta with all the ingredients in the pan until it’s fully mixed.
- Plate the spaghetti, add some oven baked cherry tomatoes, some toasted bread cubes, sliced fresh red chili and fresh basil on top and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.