This is the PERFECT starter/appetizer! If you love scallops, this is a must-try. Rich in protein and low in fat. The scallops are naturally salty and we usually don't add any seasoning, so that you can taste the freshness and the aromas of the scallops. We like the combination with the peas puree: sweet and creamy. We usually prepare more puree so that we can re-use it to season pasta or rice during weekday meals where we don't have time. I suggest to start preparing the puree first, as the scallops will cook in 5mins!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 10 Fresh Scallops
- 10oz / 250g Organic Frozen Peas
- Half Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Green Onion
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Finely slice the green onion and stir it with extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan for a couple of mins.
- Add the frozen peas to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the peas with the lid until they are thawed.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and add half a can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add fresh basil and blend until you obtain a creamy puree. You can add more coconut milk if you want a more liquid consistency.
- Pan-sear the scallops in a non-stick pan for a couple of mins per side.
- Plate the scallops with the peas puree, grind some black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top.