This is the PERFECT starter/appetizer! If you love scallops, this is a must-try. Rich in protein and low in fat. The scallops are naturally salty, and we usually don't add any seasoning, so that you can taste the freshness and the aromas of the scallops. We like the combination with the Jerusalem Artichokes chips and puree. The chips are baked in the oven, but perfectly crispy and crunchy like if they were deep fried.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 10 Fresh Scallops
- 10oz / 250g Organic Frozen Peas
- 6-7 Jerusalem Artichokes
- Half Can of Coconut Milk
- 1 Green Onion
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Wash the Jerusalem artichokes with a brush under cold water.
- Cut half of the artichokes into cubes while finely slice the remaining portion.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and prepare a tray with baking paper.
- Season the artichoke slices in a bowl with sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil and place each slice on the tray. Oven bake for 25-30mins, until you obtain a crispy consistency.
- Finely slice the green onion and stir it with extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan for a couple of mins.
- Add the frozen peas and the artichoke cubes to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the peas with the lid until they are thawed. The artichoke cubes should be soft as well.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper and add half a can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
- Blend until you obtain a creamy puree. You can add more coconut milk if you want a more liquid consistency.
- Pan-sear the scallops in a non-stick pan for a couple of mins per side.
- Plate the scallops with the puree and with the chips, grind some black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top.