A fresh Albacore loin doesn't require a lot of ingredients to taste delicious! We cook the loin with some extra-virgin olive oil for a few minutes and season it with sea salt and black pepper to preserve the original taste. The nectarine chutney perfectly balances the loin by adding a little bit of sweetness and acidity without overpowering the fish. It's a fresh component you can add to the loin to add a delicious twist to a great fish!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1lb / 500g of Albacore Loin
- Ground Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 White Nectarine
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar (1ptional)
- 1.5 Cups of Water
- Ginger (thumb-size piece)
- 1 Lime
- Dice the nectarine's pulp and pour it into a saucepan. Add 1.5 cups of water and a thumb-size of freshly grated ginger, 1 teaspoon of coconut sugar and the juice of a lime.
- Cook at medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Let it rest for a couple of minutes until it cools down and then blend it until you obtain a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan or a non-stick pan, add some extra-virgin olive oil and sear the albacore loin 2 minutes per side. Season with sea salt.
- Serve then seared albacore loin with the nectarine chutney, drizzle extra-virgin olive oil on top and grind some fresh black pepper before serving.