In this recipe we marinated the salmon fillets overnight with our homemade teriyaki sauce in order to obtain an intense soy sauce aroma. The result is amazing! We like how simple and easy this recipe is and at the same time absolutely delicious. It has become one of our recurrent weekly meals. We usually prepare the sauce to marinate the salmon the evening before and let it rest in the fridge overnight. The day after it literally takes 10mins for us to cook the salmon and prepare our dinner meal. We also added flat rice noodles as the perfect companion to absorb the sauce. If you don't have time to let the salmon marinate for a day, this Salmon Teriyaki alternative recipe might suit better your needs.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 500g / 1lb Salmon Fillets
- Organic Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- 120g of Rice Flat Noodles
- Finely chop the ginger and add it to a large bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of raw coconut sugar and mix all together.
- Marinate the salmon in the bowl overnight. Cover it with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge.
- Boil the water in a pot and once it's boiling add the rice noodles and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the noodles under cold running water.
- Pre-Heat a cast iron pan and cook the salmon fillets 4 minutes per side, starting with the skin facing the pan.
- Stir the marinating sauce in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
- Serve the salmon fillets with the teriyaki sauce on top of the flat rice noodles.