I love Tuna tartare, but sometimes a bit of Salmon doesn't hurt! It's a refreshing start to any weekend. For the seasoning I have used traditional Italian ingredients like extra-virgin olive oil while also adding a taste of Asia with a hint of soy sauce. We created an avocado flower for decorative purposes, but you can also do a mash to add extra creaminess. This a perfect starter for an indulging meal or a light lunch/dinner. It's rich in protein and low in fat. Very Healthy! It's absolutely delicious!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 300g of Salmon Fillet (Sushi Grade)
- 1 Avocado
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Grounded Black Pepper
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- Salmon Roe (Optional)
- Peel the avocado and slice it horizontally on a plate. Slide the slices with the fingers and model it in a circle to create a flower shape. As an alternative, scoop the avocado pulp and mash it in a bowl with a fork. Season it with sea salt, extra-virgin olive oil and black pepper.
- On a chopping board, slice the salmon fillet against the grain first. Cut all the slices into cubes. Mince the cubes roughly.
- Pour the tartare into a bowl. Season it with extra-virgin olive oil, a teaspoon of soy sauce, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix all together. Add more seasoning to taste.
- Place the salmon tartare on the bottom, add the avocado flower or the avocado mash on top. Add some salmon roe.
- Season it with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.