This is a different version of the Risotto with Scallop Sashimi and Seaweeds we previously presented. For this recipe we used a different type of Scallops called Diver Scallops, characterized by a very intense taste and a harder meat. These scallops are really flavorful and perfect for a Risotto recipe. Another amazing ingredient we used for this preparation is the Finger Lime. Finger Limes look like small tubular limes. You can cut them in the middle and you would be surprise by the consistency. They consist of little pearls similar to caviar and the taste of the pearls is absolutely astonishing. It's like a mix of lime and orange aromas. The pearls are surprisingly sweet with a mild sourness. The finger lime adds freshness to the recipe enhancing at the same time the sweetness of the scallops. The combination of scallops and finger lime is absolutely amazing!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 10-12 Scallops
- 1 Green Onion
- 2 Finger Limes
- Fish Broth
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Fresh Chives
- Finely slice a green onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Once the oil is warm and the spring onion starts to sizzle, add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the fish broth in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat.
- Start pouring small amounts of the broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Slice the scallops horizontally.
- Continue stirring the rice for a couple of minutes, adding broth to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot. The rice usually needs to cook 15-18mins in total. Add the scallops into the rice 2mins before the rice is ready. Stir the rice with the scallops and mix all together.
- Make sure you add the right amount of broth to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked). Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the finger limes into halves and squeeze out the pearls. They will look like caviar.
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, plate it with some chopped fresh chives. Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on top and add the lime caviar.