In this recipe we slightly pre-cooked the razor clams apart with chili and garlic and we used the broth from the razor clams for the risotto. We incorporated in the last few minutes the clams in the risotto in order not to overcook the clams.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 1lb of Razor Clams
- 1 Spring Onion
- A Clove of Garlic
- Red Chili
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- De-shell the razor clams, wash-off the sand and remove the intestine.
- Simmer a clove of garlic and sliced chili with extra-virgin olive oil until golden.
- Add the razor clams to the pan and simmer for 5mins, turn off the fire.
- Separate the broth made by the razor clams and use it for the risotto.
- Slice a spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Once the oil is warm and the spring onion starts to sizzle, add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the broth from the razor clams in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat. Add water in case of need.
- Start pouring small amounts of broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the pre-cooked razor clams.
- Make sure you add the right amount of broth to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked).
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, season it with ground black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.