This is a very quick and delicious recipe. One of our go-to meals during the week. It's completely gluten-free and has a good balance of protein, carbs and fibers. You can add even more vegetables if you prefer!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 160g of Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles
- 6 Prawns
- Dried Scallops
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Spring Onion
- 1 Baby Bok Choy
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Black Sesame Seeds
- Organic Sesame Oil
- Sea Salt
- Chili Flakes (optional)
- Soak the dried scallops into freshly boiled water for 25-30mins. Drain the scallops and break them up with your hands. Keep the water as it will be used as fish broth.
- Chop the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil in a wok.
- Slice carrots and the bok choys and add them to the wok. season with sea salt.
- Pan fry the vegetables in the wok for 10 mins. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the de-shelled prawns to the wok.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and the pad thai noodles. These noodles need to cook 2-3 mins less than the recommended time.
- Once the noodles are ready, pour out the water and soak them in cold water.
- Add the noodles to the wok and stir until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add the dried scallops. Adjust with sea salt to taste, sprinkle some chili flakes and black sesame seeds and drizzle some sesame oil.