We usually have a curry night during the week, where we try different recipes, mixing South-East Asian and Indian tastes. This is our seafood red curry quick recipe for weekly meals.
Ingredients (4 Servings):
- 2 Monkfish Fillets (1lb)
- 10 Prawns
- 1 Can of Organic Coconut Milk (400g/14oz)
- 4 Teaspoons of Red Curry Paste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 5-6 Dried Kaffir Leaves
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Cassava Flour
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Deshell the prawns and cut the monkfish fillets into cubes.
- Simmer 3 cloves of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil and the red curry paste in a saucepan. Once the oil comes to a sizzle, add the prawns and the monkfish.
- Stir for 5 minutes.
- Pour a can of coconut milk into the pan, add the kaffir leaves and mix all together. Cook for 5 mins.
- Remove the monkfish and the prawns from the pan and place them in a plate.
- Add the cassava flour to the pan using a sifter to prevent clamps and stir all together. The cassava flour helps making the coconut-curry sauce creamier and thicker.
- Stir for a couple of minutes and then add the prawns and the monkfish to the pan-
- You can serve it with steamed brown/white jasmine rice. The rice is perfect to absorb the sauce.