Radicchio & Bruciatini is a traditional recipe from my hometown. It's basically a radicchio salad seasoned with aged balsamic vinegar from Modena with on top panfried cubes of pancetta (Italian bacon). I have created a Pescatarian friendly alternative with fresh salmon marinated in our teriyaki sauce. The result is absolutely amazing! It is a very versatile recipe that can be used as a starter, a side or a main course for a light and healthy lunch.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1 Radicchio
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- Organic Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Raw Coconut Sugar
- Organic Soy Sauce (Gluten-free)
- Sea Salt
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Finely chop the ginger and add it to a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of raw coconut sugar and mix all together.
- Marinate the salmon fillet in the bowl for 15 mins.
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan or a non-stick pan and cook the salmon fillet 4 minutes per side adding also the marinating sauce.
- Break the fillet salmon with a fork.
- Wash the radicchio. Cut it in half lengthwise. Finely slice each half into small strips.
- Season the radicchio with sea salt, extra-virgin olive oil adn balsamic vinegar.
- Place the salmon strips on top of the radicchio.