Even though in San Francisco is still pretty warm and it still feels like Summer, Autumn has arrived, and we have started cooking our favorite Fall recipes! This our super healthy, low in sugar Pumpkin Spice Bread! It's completely grain-free and rich in vegetable protein. We love it for breakfast with caramelized banana and our homemade salted roasted almond butter. It's a great way to kickstart the day!
- 1 Cup of Organic Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup of Organic Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Cloves Powder
- A Pinch of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/4 Cup of Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 50g Raw Dark Chocolate
- 1 Banana
- Organic Extra-virgin Coconut Oil
- Almond Butter
- Pre-heat the over at 325°F (160°C) and prepare a loaf pan with baking paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl (almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, spices and a pinch of salt).
- Add 3 eggs to a large bowl, add half a cup of water and a quarter cup of extra-virgin olive oil. Whisk until the ingredients are fully blended together.
- Add the 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree to the wet ingredients. In order to prepare the pumpkin puree, we have steamed a kabocha squash, let it cool down and mashed with a fork.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together until the pumpkin puree is completely blended.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until you obtain a homogeneous batter.
- Chop the dark chocolate. Apportion one half to be mixed with the batter, and the other portion will be used later when the mixture is poured.
- Add one portion to the batter and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the pan and top with the remaining chocolate.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool down for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Slice the banana. Add 1 teaspoon of extra-virgin coconut oil to a non-stick pan and panfry the banana slices for 3-4mins per side until they become golden.
- Serve the Pumpkin Spice Bread with the caramelized banana slices and almond butter.