Pumpkin Risotto is my favorite! The taste and the colour of the pumpkin remind me of Autumn. In this recipe, we prepared a tradition Pumpkin Risotto and added some fresh and seared scallops to enhance the sweetness of the pumpkin and add a hint of saltiness. If you are vegan, you can absolutely enjoy this recipe without the scallops. It's amazing!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Riso Acquerello or Carnaroli or Vialone Nano
- 300g of Organic Kobocha Squash
- 8 Scallops
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Spring Onion
- Fish Broth
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Finely slice the zucchini lengthwise and pan fry them with some extra-virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan. Roast them on both sides.
- Cut the squash and use a quarter of it. Remove the skin with a sharp knife.
- Dice the squash into cubes (half thumb size).
- Slice a spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Once the oil is warm and the spring onion starts to sizzle, add the squash cubes and keep stirring until they are half cooked. Season with sea salt.
- Add the rice and toast it for a couple of minutes.
- Pre-heat the fish broth in a saucepan and keep it at a medium heat. If you don't have fresh fish broth, you can also use water.
- Start pouring small amounts of broth in the pan with the rice and continue stirring. Keep doing this for three quarters of the rice cooking time.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Add 4 scallops and continue stirring for a couple of minutes, adding broth to prevent the rice from sticking to the pot.
- Make sure you add the right amount of broth to make the risotto creamy (and not brothy or overcooked).
- In a separate non-stick pan, sear the remaining scallops for 3-4mins.
- Once the risotto is finally cooked, drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil and add the pan-seared scallops and the zucchini slices on top.
- Season with ground black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.