We have been really lucky to find super fresh Mahi fillets shipped directly from Japan and we created this easy and absolutely delicious recipe. The Mahi has a quite salty meat and we combined with yams and carrots to add sweetness. If you are not able to find fresh Mahi fillets, you can replace them with fresh Yellowtail fillets. This recipe is a perfect high-in-protein and healthy meal. The yams are steamed and seasoned with extra-virgin olive oil and the carrots are roasted in the oven and it only takes 5 mins to pan-fry the fish fillets.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 2 Mahi Fillets
- 6 Carrots
- 1 Sweet Potato
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and prepare a tray with baking paper. Add the carrots to the tray.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Steam the sweet potato. Once cooked, let it cool down. Remove the skin and mash it with a fork.
- Season with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Pre-Heat a cast iron pan and cook the Mahi fillets 2-3 minutes per side, starting with the skin facing the pan. Season with sea salt and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Plate all the ingredients!