This is our third version of Pad Thai and we have decided to use seared scallops as the main seafood ingredient instead of prawns. We also added dried shrimps to keep the original seafood aroma.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 80g Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles
- 80g Pad Thai Black Rice Noodles
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Spring Onion
- 2 Handful of Snow Peas
- 4-6 Baby Bok Choys
- 6-8 Scallops
- Handful of Dried Shrimps
- Roasted Cashews
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Fresh Basil
- Soak the dried shrimps with boiling water for 15-20mins.
- Chop the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Slice carrots, chop the snow peas, cut the baby bok choys in halves and add all the ingredients to the wok.
- Pan fry the veggies in the wok and once they are roasted add a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil and keep stirring.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add the pad thai noodles. These noodles need to cook 2-3 mins less than the recommended time.
- Sear the scallops in a pre-heated pan for 2-3mins on each side.
- Drain the dried shrimps and add them to a pan. Simmer with a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Keep the water where the shrimps soaked and use it to add liquid to the wok with the vegetables.
- Once the noodles are ready, drain the water and pass them under cold running water.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the dried shrimps' water to the wok. Break the eggs into the wok and scramble them.
- Add the noodles to the wok. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the noodles. If the noodles are too dry you can add a little bit of shrimps' water.
- Add crushed roasted cashews as a topping together with some fresh basil and the dried shrimps.