One of our favourite Thai dishes is Pad Thai. This is our easy, quick and delicious version for everyday meals!
- Pad Thai Brown Rice Noodles (40g per person)
- Pad Thai Black Rice Noodles (40g per person)
- Eggs (1 egg per person)
- Carrots (2 carrots for 2 people)
- 1 Spring Onion
- Snow Peas (2 Handful for 2 people)
- 6-8 Prawns (for 2 people)
- Roasted Cashews
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Thai Basil
- Chop the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Slice carrots and chop the snow peas and add them to the wok.
- Peel the prawns and use the shells/heads to prepare a fish broth (boil water in a separate pot and add the shells , keep it at medium heat).
- Chop the prawns into smaller pieces.
- Pan fry the veggies in the wok and once they are roasted add a little bit of fish broth and keep stiring.
- Once the veggies are cooked add the prawns to the wok.
- Boil water in a pot and once the water is boiling add the pad thai noodles. These noodles need to cook 2-3 mins less than the recommended time.
- Once the the noodles are ready, pour out the water and soak them in cold water.
- Add 2-3 big spoons of fish broth into the wok with the veggies; break the eggs into the wok and scramble them.
- Add the noodles to the wok. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the noodles.
- Add crushed roasted cashews as a topping together with a couple of leaves of Thai basil.