We found this amazing and freshly caught fish, the Yellowtail Rockfish, from our local supplier. We have never tried this fish before and wanted to bring out the fish's flavor by cooking it in a traditional Italian method to keep it simple and tasty. This oven baked method is great for fresh fish and can work with any type of white fish. It consists of four main ingredients: Extra-virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Rosemary and Garlic. This is the base. We hope you enjoy testing this method out with the fresh fish from your local fisheries and seafood supplier!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 1 Yellowtail Rockfish (1.5lb/800g)
- 2-3 Gloves of Garlic
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 3-4 Small Yellow Potatoes
- Fresh Rosemary
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Prepare a tray with baking paper and drizzle with a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
- Wash the fish and put on the tray.
- Slice the garlic and scatter it on top of the fish and stuff inside the belly together with fresh rosemary.
- Pour some extra-virgin olive oil and salt on top of the fish. Add some fresh rosemary.
- Put the cherry tomatoes on the tray around the fish.
- Slice the potatoes thinly and add them to the tray.
- Season the cherry tomatoes and the potatoes with sea salt, black pepper, rosemary and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil on the top.
- Oven bake for 25min at 400°F.