I really like oven baked fish and Branzino is one of my favourites. This is a very easy recipe that doesn't required effort and allows you to do other things while the fish is cooking. I came up with this recipe - which mainly follows the Italian traditional recipe - with the substitution of Ginger and Coriander instead of Rosemary. The Ginger and Coriander substitute follows the Chinese method of using these ingredients to neutralise the "fishy" smell and taste.
- 1-2 Branzino (for 2 people - depending on the size)
- 2-3 Gloves of Garlic
- Half a Lemon
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Prepare a tray with baking paper and drizzle with a little bit of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Wash the fish and put on the tray.
- Slice the garlic, the ginger and the lemon and season the fish (make sure you put a couple of lemon slices in the fish belly).
- Pour some extra-virgin olive oil and salt on top of the fish. Add some fresh coriander.
- Put the cherry tomatoes on the tray around the fish.
- Oven-bake for 20min at 400°F.