Orto In Primavera means Vegetable Garden in Spring as our intention was to create a dish with all the seasonal vegetables we love to eat in the Spring season. We literally wanted to put the vegetable garden into the plate. We prepared a pea puree at the base of the plate. We roasted all the other vegetables and place them on top of the green puree.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 20oz / 500g Organic Frozen Peas
- 1 Can of Coconut Milk
- 2 Green Onions
- 8-9 Carrots
- 7-8 Asparagus
- 2 Zucchini
- 6-8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2-3 Small Onions
- 2-3 Small Potatoes
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- Finely slice the green onions and dice one carrot. Stir with extra-virgin olive oil in a saucepan for a couple of mins.
- Add the frozen peas to the saucepan and stir all together at medium heat.
- Cook the peas with the lid until they are thawed.
- Add a can of coconut milk. Cook for 5 mins.
- Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook for another 5mins.
- Let it cool down. Pour the peas into a blender and blend until you obtain a creamy puree. You can add more coconut milk/water if you want a more liquid consistency.
- Prepare a tray with baking paper. Pre-heat the over at 350°F/180°C.
- Slice the zucchini and the potatoes and cut the onions into halves.
- Place all the vegetables (carrots, asparagus, zucchini, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, onions) on the tray. Season with extra-virgin olive oil, sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast the vegetables for 25-30 minutes until they become crispy.
- Place the pea puree in a plate, add all the roasted vegetables on top, grind some black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.