- 1 day of marination
This is the first time we have ever cooked the duck breast. Usually the duck is not an easy meat to cook as it tends to become hard and chewy and it's definitely easier to have a restaurant prepared it! Definitely worth cooking at home especially if you are able to find organic and high-quality duck meat. Take into consideration that the duck breast needs to marinate for a day.
- Duck Breast (250g per person)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Black Pepper
- 2 Oranges (for 2 people)
- Orange Zest
- 1 Tea Spoon of Organic Raw Coconut Sugar
- Slice the ginger and the garlic.
- Prepare the duck breast in a bowl and season it with salt, black pepper freshly ground, ginger and garlic previously sliced and the juice of 2 oranges.
- Add the thyme and let it marinate for a day.
- Warm a cast iron pan and cook the duck breast 3-5min each side. Make sure you don't overcook it and leave a pink-ish color inside so that it's super juicy and tender.
- In the meantime, pour the sauce used to marinate the duck into a pot and cook it adding a tea spoon or organic raw coconut sugar to caramelize.
- Once the duck breast is cooked, take it out of the pan and on a plate. Glaze with the sauce and orange zest on top.