Very simple, quick and tasty recipe that reminds me of the Mediterranean aromas and flavors. I really like this recipe as it brings me back to summer holidays and it's also super-fast to prepare: the cherry tomatoes and the red onion go in the oven and the swordfish is ready in 10mins. The caramelized onions and the confit cherry tomatoes add sweetness to the swordfish while the capers enhance the swordfish flavor and the natural saltiness. The basil is perfect for its freshness! I would recommend a medium fat swordfish steak, so that it’s softer and cook when it’s super fresh.
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- Sword Fish Steak (1 lb / 500g)
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Half Red Onion
- 18-20 Cherry Tomatoes
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Basil
- Black Pepper
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven at 350°F and prepare a tray with baking paper. Slice the red onion. Add the cherry tomatoes and the sliced onion to the tray.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Blend a handful of fresh basil leaves with a tablespoon of water and extra-virgin olive oil.
- In a non-stick pan, simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil. Add the swordfish steak with capers.
- Cook the sword fish steak in the pan for 3-6 mins each side (depending on the thickness of the slice).
- Serve the swordfish with the basil sauce, the caramelized onion slices and the confit cherry tomatoes.