In Chinese cuisine Fried Rice is the typical leftovers recipe: pre-cooked boiled rice with meat or fish, eggs and vegetables. You don't usually imagine high quality and 'luxury' ingredients to be in a fried rice. But we're breaking the traditional rules in this blog and decided to infuse a 'taste of luxury' into what Chinese would mix leftover ingredients to.
- Precooked Organic Brown Jasmine Rice and/or Organic White Jasmine Rice (70g per person)
- 1 Carrot (for 2 people)
- 1 Small Eggplant
- Sugar Snaps (100g for 2 people)
- 1 Spring Onion
- Cilantro (optional)
- 5-6 Prawns (for 2 people)
- 5-6 Scallops (for 2 people)
- Gluten-free Soy Sauce
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper (optional)
- Chop the spring onion and simmer it with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Dice the eggplant and salt it. Dice the carrot and the sugar snaps.
- Peel the prawns and use the shells/heads to prepare a fish broth (boil water in a separate pot and add the shells, keep it at medium heat).
- Panfry the prawns and the scallops for a couple of minutes for each side. Once seared, chop the prawns and the scallops into small pieces.
- Add the eggplant diced to the wok first and once the pieces become golden, add the other veggies. Season with salt and black pepper (optional).
- Pan fry the veggies in the wok and once they are golden add a little bit of fish broth and keep stirring.
- Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them. Sprinkle some sea salt.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-heated pan as if you were to make an omelette. Once cooked on one side start folding it to create a roll. Rest the roll on a plate and slice it. The slices should be slightly less than the thickness of a finger.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add the rice and mix all together.
- Add the prawns and the scallops to the wok together with some soy sauce. Add the omelette slices to the wok.
- Once the veggies are cooked add the rice and mix all together.
- Add the prawns and the scallops to the wok together with some soy souce.
- Continue to stir until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Season with some freshly chopped cilantro (optional).