- Gluten-free (optional)
This is Ben's favorite dish. Not one of the quickest preparation but definitely worth it after it all. We recommend buying a fresh full lobster to have the intense and wonderful sea flavour. If you love to be reminded of the sea, the taste of the ocean and smell of fresh lobster, you're in for a treat!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g Linguine
- 1lb Lobster
- 10-12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Basil
- Chili (optional)
- Boil water in a big pot and once the water is boiling cook the lobster for 10 mins. Soak the lobster and cool it in a bowl with ice. This step is fundamental to maintain the consistency of the meat and makes de-shelling easier.
- Once the lobster is warm, de-shell it piece by piece - this is the most time consuming part. Keep the head and the legs with the shell on - they lock in the most flavour and can be easily taken out once it is cooked with the pasta.
- Use the excess shells of the lobster to prepare a quick broth and keep it at warm heat.
- Simmer a clove of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil until it becomes golden.
- Dice the Roma tomatoes and add them to the pan.
- Cut the cherry tomatos into 4 pieces and add them to the pan.
- Once the cherry tomatos are fully cooked and mashed, add pieces of the de-shelled lobster and continue to simmer and stir.
- Cut the lobster tail in 3-4 pieces and add to the pan 2 mins before adding the pasta.
- Boil water in a big pot and once the water is boiling add a spoon of coarse salt and add the pasta.
- Pasta needs to cook 2 mins less than the time recommended in the box.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Continue to stir until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta.
- Season with basil and extra virgin olive oil.