This is one of my favorite pasta dish in the Italian cuisine and it's definitely a trademark of the Sicilian culinary tradition. It's a super simple recipe where high quality ingredients form the backbone of the dish. I ate the best Pasta con i ricci (Pasta with Sea Urchin) in Sicily on the beach in Marsala - unforgettable experience. This recipe is as simple as delicious!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g High quality Linguine
- 140g Sea Urchins
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Simmer the cloves of garlic with extra-virgin olive oil in a pan until the garlic becomes golden.
- Boil water in a pot and once boiled, add a spoon of salt and then the pasta. Cook the linguine 2 mins less than the recommended time.
- Pour out majority of the pasta + water. Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Keep some water aside and eventually add it to the pasta in the pan to whisk.
- Add the sea urchin to the spaghetti and mix all together in the pan allowing the warm temperature of the pasta/pan to mix everything together.
- Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil before serving the pasta.