- Gluten-free (optional)
It took a while for us to find fresh razor clams. Razor clams are very sweet and delicate mollusks and we decided to cook it following a very traditional Italian pasta recipe. Sometimes the simplest things are the best!
Ingredients (2 Servings):
- 180g of Linguine
- 1lb of Razor Clams
- A Clove of Garlic
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Red Chili
- Fresh Parsley
- De-shell the razor clams, wash-off the sand and remove the intestine.
- Simmer a clove of garlic and sliced chili with extra-virgin olive oil until golden.
- Add the razor clams to the pan and simmer for 5mins, turn off the fire.
- Boil water in a separate pot and once the water is boiling add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and then add the linguine. Pasta needs to cook 2 mins less than the time recommended in the box.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the razor clams. Stir at medium heat until sauce is fully mixed with the pasta. If you want to obtain a creamy consistency you can add 1/2 tablespoons of the pasta cooking water. This water contains the pasta starch and will add creaminess to the pasta.
- Sprinkle some freshly minced parsley and drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil.